Sketching at Jarafuel / Tomando apuntes en Jarafuel

I am delving into landscape and, in general, into the representation of space after so much time absolutely focused on human figure. It is joyful and a challenging; I have the feeling that this is going to be very good for my development as an artist.

I thank my sister Mercedes, who is a great artist (it may not be right to say it because she is my sister, but it is the truth), I appreciate that she encouraged me to practice landscape with her.

We have spent together great aesthetic moments in front of different views. Without a doubt, I had a very good landscape teacher during my Fine Arts degree, and to him I owe the firm foundations of my training in this genre. But I would like to emphasise that it was my sister who managed to make me definitely interested in landscape art.

*          *          *

Estoy profundizando en el paisaje y, en general, en la representación del espacio después de tanto tiempo absolutamente centrada en la figura humana. Es un placer y un reto; presiento que esto va a ser muy bueno para mi desarrollo como artista.

Agradezco a mi hermana Mercedes, que es una gran artista (puede que no esté bien decirlo porque es mi hermana, pero es la verdad) agradezco que me haya animado a practicar paisaje junto  ella.

Hemos pasado juntas grandes momentos estéticos ante diferentes vistas. Sin duda tuve un muy buen profesor de paisaje durante la carrera de BBAA, y a él le debo las firmes bases de mi formación en este género. Pero quiero recalcar que ha sido mi hermana la que ha conseguido hacerme interesarme definitivamente por el arte del paisaje.






Comentarios